Do you see yourself as a missionary? Or do you think of a missionary as someone who travels to a foreign country and engages in some sort of full-time ministry as a career? While we commend, pray for, and encourage people who are called to minister overseas, we also need to recognize that to be a Christian is to be a missionary–if you belong to Christ you are sent as one of his missionaries to your corner of the world. In this message I was honored to deliver to Pontiac Bible Church, we cover six lessons from a missionary church and how they apply to our lives both personally and collectively. I hope you are challenged by this Scripture as much as I was when studying it!
The six lessons:
- A missionary church is naturally evangelistic.
- A missionary church is intentionally cross-cultural.
- A missionary church is empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- A missionary church has godly leaders.
- A missionary church practices what it preaches.
- A missionary church is a ministry church.
Photo by Barry J. Beitzel. Copyright 2014 Faithlife.